The ISGL Board of Directors request our community to become ISGL members or if they are already members, to renew their membership early. The special membership drive will be open from March 1 2018 to the end of Ramadan 2018. New membership or early renewal will be valid until Ramadan of 2019. Please support ISGL at this critical time and become new Member or renew your membership. It is important that If you attend ISGL then enroll in at least Associate level membership. An increased number of enrolled members can enhance ISGL’s image as a pivotal Islamic Community Center in this region. Members will also have the privilege of using the new services offered at discounted fee in our new facility. Please join as a member to support ISGL.
A new online membership form has been created with an integrated and secure membership fee payment process for your convenience.
The following are the Membership types and associated fees:
|Membership Level||Annual Fees|
|Associate Member - Individual||$50 per person|
|Associate Member - Family||$100 per family|
|Full Member - Individual||$100 per person|
|Full Member - Family||$200 per family|
|Lifetime Member - Individual||$1,500 per person (one time payment only)|
|Business Member||$500 per business|
Jazak Allahu Khairan
ISGL Board of Directors
Zakat is an annual tithe on one’s wealth or possessions and is one of Islam’s obligations and one of its five main pillars. The Prophet Muhammad PBUH said: “Islam was built upon five pillars: to witness that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is His servant and messenger, performing prayer, giving alms (Zakat), performing the pilgrimage, and fasting the month of Ramadan.” [Sahih Al Bukhari]
There are a lot of benefits in giving charity and especially the Zakah. These benefits are mentioned in the Quran and Sunna. Here are some of them: 1. Satisfying Allah SWT and gaining His pleasure, and then gaining Paradise in the Hereafter, as the duty of paying Zakat is a kind of worship ordered by Allah SWT.
2. Purifying the soul from selfishness and purifying the heart from the love of the material.
3. Protecting the society from crime as the poor people would be satisfied by what the rich people pay to them. At-Tabarani relates in al-’Awsat and as-Saghir, on the authority of ‘Ali, that the Prophet (PBUH) said, “Allah has enjoined upon rich Muslims a due to be taken from their properties corresponding to the needs of the poor among them”. The poor will never suffer from starvation or lack of clothes unless the rich neglect their due. If they do, Allah will surely hold them accountable and punish them severely.”
4. Uniting the society where the poor feel the brotherhood with the rich and vice versa.
There are conditions that must be satisfied by the person in order to give Zakat. In brief, these conditions are: 1. Islam. The person must be a Muslim.
2. Adulthood. The Zakat is not needed from a child
3. Sanity. The Zakat is not a must from an insane person.
4. Owning the money that is in excess of what’s needed for necessities.
5. The Nisab. It is a minimum amount of money that is owned by a person before Zakat Al-Mal can be levied. The Nisab for gold is 85 grams and for silver, it is 595 grams.
6. The Nisab must be kept one year by the owner. Human Appeal International accepts your Zakat Al-Mal at any time. You can pay your Zakat Al-Mal through any of our payment options. By donating your Zakat to HAI, you can either specify a destination or ask us to allocate funds to those most in need.
We invite the ISGL community members to sponsor iftar at ISGL for Weekdays (Monday to Thursday) or Weekend days (Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays). You may request a specific date to sponsor an iftar, however, ISGL cannot guarantee that the requested date will be available and allocated accordingly. The specific days to sponsor the iftar will be assigned by the ISGL Board. You may sponsor for an entire iftar or decide to sponsor part of an iftar by paying any amount.
To sponsor an iftar at ISGL, please fill the signup form here .
|5/17/2019||Fri||Booked||2||ISGL Youth (Indo-Pak food)|
|5/18/2019||Sat||Booked||4||27th Night Group (Indo-Pak food)|
|5/19/2019||Sun||Booked||8||BISNE - HHRD (Indo-Pak food)|
|5/26/2019||Sun||Booked||V||Rainbow Coalition (Multi-national food)|
|5/30/2019||Thu||Booked||7||Mohammed Gaabass (Aqiqah)|
|5/31/2019||Fri||Booked||V||Servants of Allah group(Indo-Pak food)|
|6/1/2019||Sat||Booked||V||Middle East Group|